OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety
OHSAS 18001 has been withdrawn and replaced by the new international Standard for OHS, ISO 45001.
Organisations currently certified to OHSAS 18001 will need to migrate to ISO 45001 by March 2021 to retain certification recognition.
Today’s environment is filled with intense scrutiny but being competitive means never standing still.
SAI Global helps you see a way forward so you can advance confidently.
Start Your Migration to ISO 45001
The first International Standard for Occupational Health and Safety management systems has been published.
We’re Here to Help
Our leading experts are available to support you throughout your migration journey with education, training and key toolkits.
Drive Business Performance
With OHSAS 18001 being withdrawn, ISO 45001 was developed to address the increasing number of work-related injuries, illnesses and deaths worldwide.
How It Works
OHSAS 18001 has been withdrawn and replaced by ISO 45001 to provide align organisations with international best-practices.
An OHS management system promotes a healthy working environment by providing a framework to identify, control and manage OHS risks and opportunities.Certification to OHSAS 18001 demonstrates your commitment to your employees’ health and safety.
When Can I Migrate to ISO 45001?
All OHSAS 18001 certified clients will have until 11 March 2021 to migrate to ISO 45001. You can migrate during your next:
- Surveillance audit
- Recertification audit
- At a special audit
What Do I Need to Do to Prepare for My Migration?
- Undertake a gap analysis to help identify the gaps in your certified OHS management system
- Update the existing OHS management system to address the new requirements in ISO 45001
- Ensure all parties are aware of the changes in the management systems processes with an effective communication plan. Need help identifying the changes between ISO 45001 and OHSAS 18001? Download our Comparison Matrix
What Happens If I Don’t Migrate by the Deadline?
- Your OHSAS 18001 certification will no longer be valid
- If an audit to ISO 45001 is completed within 6 months past the migration period of 11 March 2021, then a Stage 2 audit will be required
- If you don’t complete the migration within this 6 month period, you will be treated as a new applicant. A Stage 1 and Stage 2 audit will be required
Start Your Migration Journey to ISO 45001 with a Process Analysis
This Gap Analysis helps you self evaluate the compliance of your existing OHS management system to ISO 45001